The Gospel is so simple you have to have help to miss it.
- Works are of NO value! You can't earn your way to heaven. “ 8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)
- It is not about religion or how often you go to church. It is about a relationship.
Here is the simple version of the ‘Good News’.
- We have all sinned and need a way to get back into right relationship with God. “ 23For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” Romans 3:23 (KJV)
- God loves us so much that He provided the way for us to get back into that right relationship. “ 16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16 (KJV)
- All we have to do is accept by faith the free gift that God provided. We do that by accepting Jesus Christ as our personal savior and putting Him in charge of our life, which gets us back into right relationship with God.
It actually is that simple. When we realize that we will spend eternity with God because of what Jesus freely did for us, we will serve Him because we want to, not because we have to.